Friday, January 28, 2011

Wife of a fisherman

I am going to divert from the weight loss posts for a moment.  I want to talk about my husband, Scott.

As most of you know Scott is a professional bass tournament angler.  He fishes on the FLW Tour.  He left yesterday to start his 4th year on the tour. 

Sometimes it has been a struggle.  We have had to foot the bill for entry fees/expenses the first three years.   This year he was able to get a team deal with FLW/Walmart/StraightTalk to help with some of those expenses.  Without this deal he would not be able to fish this year. It is also a struggle because we are not able to travel with him a lot.  But despite all of the struggles he seems to always pull through.  With that being said:

I am proud of him.
I am proud of him for following his dreams.  
I am proud of him for staying TRUE to himself and his beliefs. 
I am proud of him for using this as a platform to share his beliefs but not in a boastful way.
I am proud of him for staying HUMBLE when faced with the hoopla the fishing world can bring.  
I am proud of him for working when he is home to provide for his family when times are tough. 
I am proud of him for being the best husband and father anyone could ask for!

I am proud to be Scott Canterbury's wife (which is my new name)!

With Pride comes humility so we know we have to focus on what really matters. 

I am leaving with a couple of verses that are my favorites.  I read these almost daily!

1 Peter 5-7   
5Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all [of you] be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. 6. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7. Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Jam 4:6
But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
 
Proverbs 3:6
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

This verse is on his jersey this year:
Psalms 16:8
I have set the Lord always before me: because [he is] at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

No comments:

*Disclaimer: I am required by law in the USA to state: "These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Procducts and techniques mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease." If you are under the care of a physician or taking prescription medications, please inform your doctor before using essential oils. If you are pregnant or nurshing be sure to check with your physician before using essential oils. Keep essential oils out of the reach of children.